Read the below LinkedIn communication tips and learn how to have LinkingDFW group messages sent directly to your email inbox, how to connect with important contacts on LinkedIn, introduce two first-level connections and how to get introduced by a first level connection. Please reach out to us at 972-874-8757 so we can show you how to meet key contacts and make the best of your LinkingDFW group membership.
Networking group success always stems from making solid connections with other like-minded individuals. So, to help provide you with the best opportunity for success, we’ve compiled a list of our top LinkedIn communications tips below. Take a look, and start applying them to your business today!
And if you have any questions, please give us a call as 972-874-8757. We want you to make the most out of your Linking DFW group membership, and would be happy to go through these tips with you over the phone or in person.
How to receive important Linking DFW group notifications via your email inbox
1. Move your cursor over your photo in the top right of your homepage and select “Privacy & Settings.”
2. You may be prompted to sign in. If so, enter your LinkedIn ID and password.
3. Click the “Groups, Companies & Applications” tab next to the envelope icon on the left.
4. Click on ‘LINK” to select the messages you’d like to receive and how often you’d like them delivered.
5. Scroll down to the Linking DFW group and set your frequency to “Daily Digest Email.”
You will now be able to receive email notifications from our Linking DFW group!
How to connect with a professional on LinkedIn
1. Find and open the profile of the professional you would like to connect with on LinkedIn
2. Click on the blue “Connect” button located at the top of their profile.
3. Choose “Colleague” as your selection under the “How do you know” option.
4. Delete the text in the “Include a personal note” box.
5. Detail your message.
6. Click on the “Send” button.
How to introduce two of your first-level connections
1. Search for connection #1’s profile from in the search field at the top of your home page.
2. From the results, click their name to open their profile.
3. Click on the little down arrow next to the “Send a Message” blue button and select “Share Profile” from the drop-down menu.
4. Enter both contacts into the “To” field so both parties get a copy of the message.
5. Modify the message to explain how your two first-level connections could benefit from knowing each other and suggest that they connect on LinkedIn. Do not delete the profile link that is automatically included in the message. This link will allow both parties to see the primary profile link of the person you are introducing them to.
6. Click on the “Send Message” button.
Request an Introduction from one of your first level connections
1. Do a search for the person you would like to be introduced to by entering their name in the blank search field that is located at the top of you LinkedIn page.
2. Open the profile of the person you would like to be introduced to.
3. Look to the right of this person’s profile and scroll down to see the common connections you have with this person. These are first level connections that you are both connected to on a first level basis.
4. Open the profile of your common connection by clicking on their name link, and then click on the blue “Send a Message” button.
5. Create an introduction request message by placing the words “Introduction Request” in the subject line, then detail your introduction request message. In your message, include a copy of the profile link for the person you’d like to be introduced to so that your connection can see more details about this professional and reach out to them to introduce you.